Wednesday 4 April 2007

Today I dropped in on a knitting group in Dawlish....One of the ladies sat next to me and showed me how to wind the yarn round my fingers and use my index finger to wrap the yarn round the needles. Not easy!My thumb still wants to go whizzing around with it, so I'm working on putting my other thumb on top of it while my finger does the work.
Next she showed me how to do backstitch.This will be great as my work tends to get loose when I change fom knit to purl. No more oversewing for me!

After the group finished I went for a walk down by the sea and found a beautiful spot overlooking the beach, with the birds fluttering in and out of the trees. It was so warm I was able to knit there for half an hour or more!

1 comment:

Viknits said...

Hey Jill! (It's Vixx off the forum) Thought I'd say hello - I'm a relatively new blogger and knitter too :)