Monday 30 April 2007

well i was wrong about one thing thursday night - there was more like sixty of us!
We all ate too much and i caught up with a few people, and didn't catch up with some people I would have liked to - but hey. I gave out about 4 hat patterns though, and showed them a couple of the hats I have done - hopefully it will inspire more people to get their needles clicking! One lady said that her friend was desperate to knit, but didn't have anything to knit for (very elderly I would imagine).

We then watched a video from a man who had been out on one of the distribution trips.That was really interesting, but very emotional - these kids have nothing, and to see their faces light up when they got them was wonderful.

I have recently finished a purple beanie with rainbow stripes on it, and the purple and red basketweave hat is sewn up at last.I wasn't very happy as i had a problem where there was a join in the red stripes and it does show as a knot on the wrong side, but luckily the brim hides it.

Photo's to follow soon!

1 comment:

Viknits said...

Thanks Jill, I didn't realise they were taking a while to load!
Your hats are ace, and wow 60 people!
I tried the Wendy flake yarn and it is hard to use, it didn't snap, but was difficult being so fluffy.
Vik xx